Thursday, January 3, 2008

AMI Retrofit for my 2006 A6 Avant

Greetings,

Since the first day I've had my 2006 A6 I've looked for a way to get an aux input on the MMI system for an iPod. Coming up short handed the only option I was left with was a Kensington FM Transmitter. I went through 5 different FM transmitters until I found the Kensington one. Even though it isn't perfect it was far better than the other ones in the market. Being in Southern California we don't have a wide variety of open FM channels, so I'n having to hop the Kensington FM Transmitter to different channels quite often.

When AMI got launched on the newer model year cars I held out hope that a retrofit kit would be offered. Well it's here but not publicly acknowledged by Audi USA, so I thought a blog dedicated to getting information in one place would be handy.

I'm going to leave commenting on - I'm also going to keep any info I or others find updated here. So please feel free to comment to any of the postings.

1 comment:

C_Rose87 said...

Hi There, I ran across this blog as I am looking for options for my 2008 Audi A6 Quattro, Would this system also work with my vehicle? y